Monday, September 24, 2012

Roommates!

So I thought I should go over my personal 'Finding a Roommate' experience! Basically what a lot of people have been doing is posting roommates survey's on the fb (facebook) group, so I did the same! I got responses and found two great girls!
 
Now we are looking for 3 more! I will say this about the whole roommate survey thing. A lot of people may comment saying something like, "OMG!!!!!! We have sooo much in common I love this and this too"! Then you think awesome! I found someone who is like me. Then you look at their survey and you think yeah we do have two things in common, but nothing else... So beware! Make sure you look at their survey as well!
Just some info on the whole roommate situation. If you find roommates ahead of time* you will need to make sure you all arrive on the same day. I found one of the sweetest girls ever, but she checked in a day before my roommates and I. She tried to change her date but it was already full :(. So don't get your hopes up until you know that they have the same arrival date and preferences for building, # of roommates, (non)wellness, etc., as you do. Also on the arrival day you need to stand by all of your roommates when you are checking in! Then they will take you by each pair (make sure that it's by room pairings) and everyone needs to say that you want to live together in the same building/room type! If not, you may only end up with your one roommate instead of all the others. Anyways that's all I can think of to say right now! I'll let y'all know if something new and exciting happens!

Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust,
Kelsey   O8

*You do not have to pick your roommates beforehand!!! That is completely up to you! A lot of people have said they just arrived and got randomly placed and loved the turnout! So don't worry if you don't have/find a roommate.

No comments:

Post a Comment