Thursday, May 29, 2014

DORMS


It is a DCP update! My second program starts June 9th, which means in 11 days I will be a CP again! I am not nearly as nervous as I was for my last program, which is really nice. I feel far more prepared for the program this time around. And since my College Program is almost here, Disney sent me an email regarding housing!
Disney utilizes a format called DORMS (Disney Onsite Resident Management System) to speed up the check-in process. This is the first time I have used DORMS in its full format. For my first DCP in Spring 2013 everything was done on check-in day, and when I extended my program I had a quick form to fill out in DORMS regarding where I wanted to be placed in regards to my new apartment. However, this time it was far more detailed.
I received my DORMS email on May 27th but didn’t fill it out until today, May 29th, because not all of my roommates had received their emails regarding housing and their housing ID’s. This was important because we all wanted to room together we had to wait until everyone had their roommate ID’s so that Disney and Lincoln Properties will hopefully room us all together.
Anyways, once I logged into DORMS I filled out info regarding whether I was planning on living in Disney housing, if I needed an ADA accessible apartment, if I was bringing a car, and other basic questions. Since I will have my car this program (THANK GOODNESS) I filled out some extra info regarding my vehicle. After that I signed and submitted some housing forms, including: housing rules, alcohol policies, rent prices, and vehicle rules. 
Following the forms I was asked if I was ok with the roommates that had been selected for me. DORMS asks that every roommate group has one roommate link every roommate up together on their form with each persons housing ID’s and then select preferred housing arrangements afterwards. Once one person finishes this DORMS will send every roommate who had been linked to the apartment an email stating they had been connected to these people: [insert roommate names here]. Every participant also has the option of going random in terms of roommates or unlinking themselves from their roommates (this will remove you from your roommates who you had grouped up with). Following my confirmation of my roommates DORMS displayed the preferences our group made in terms of housing. For complexes, in order: 1. Chatham Square, 2. Patterson, 3. The Commons; and for apartments: 1. 3 bedroom, 2. 4 bedroom, 3. 2 bedroom. There are 6 of us at the moment and we are hoping to avoid triple occupancy so cross your fingers for us, and I’ll let y’all know where we are placed!
Anyways thanks for reading guys I’ll update y’all again when the days get closer and my second CP starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment