Thursday, June 12, 2014

Check-in Day

Hey everyone! Today is my 4th day of my second DCP and I wanted to update y’all on whats going on!My check-in date was June 9th and I received an email notifying me to arrive between 8-9 a.m. at Vista Way. I am lucky enough to have my car during this program so I was able to drive over to Vista which was fantastic if I do say so myself. Anyways, when I arrived I could tell that Disney Internships have definitely tried to make the check-in process easier and faster which was fantastic. I started off in a general line where you receive a name tag and your planner guide for the DCP that has all of the answers you have questions to regarding your program, housing, work, etc. Then we separated into two lines by last name; in these lines you received your work location. I will be working at Adventureland/Liberty Square Attractions, yay for Magic Kingdom! I then got in a general line where we were notified where we would be living. Before arriving I found roommates on the DCP Facebook page again. There are 6 of us and we were trying to live in a 3-bedroom at Chatham Square with no triple occupancy. We have been placed in a 4-bedroom at Chatham Square with no triple occupancy instead. Meaning there are 8 girls with 2 to a bedroom. Housing was able to keep the 6 of us together and added to girls to the mix. I have already met all 7 of my roommates and I definitely believed I lucked out with these girls. Following our housing assignments we took pictures for our housing ID’s, mine looks terrible, received apartment keys, and were given our training schedules with a Cast Member explaining to us what to expect from our schedules and what we need to do to ensure everything works out smoothly. The final steps of check-in were confirming your direct deposit for paychecks, filling out an I9 form, listening to a spiel from Internships Education, a CentraCare speech, and finally waiting to go to Casting. Everyone receives a time to attend Casting, my time was at 10:30 which was about 50 minutes later so I just hung around the Vista Way pavilion until the Casting shuttle arrived. Once I arrived at Casting several CP’s and I were ushered into a line where we received a folder with some papers/documents and were asked to verify some information we provided. I also received my lovely name tag because I won’t be attending Traditions — where you usually receive your name tag — because I am still an active Cast Member. After receiving that folder they ordered a background check. I was then led to the next step which is receiving your work training schedule, which consists of your orientation days. Since I was an active CM they had to call someone for my training schedule because it was my entire on the job training schedule instead of the first few days because I had already completed some of that training. After a little bit of seeking they found my schedule which told me my actual attraction I’ll be working. I’m excited to tell y’all that I am going to be a Pirate! I’ll be working at Pirates of the Caribbean which I am completely ecstatic about! It’s definitely on of my favorite rides and I believe it will be awesome to be part of the crew there for the next several months.Anyways, I then met with a trainer and Casting CM to confirm my I9 information and explain to me my schedule. It was pretty quick and easy. My final step was I9 submission/verification; however, mine was already on file so they didn’t have to do anything for me. I finally got back to Vista Way after a little over an hour at casting, and headed straight to Chatham Square. I got all my stuffed moved in, got my parking decal, and grocery shopped! Overall it was definitely a far smoother check-in day than my first program was. I am now living with all of lovely roommates, we headed to DTD last night for a girls night and had fun there! And I will likely start my training tomorrow as long as my drug test results come back in time. And that’s about it for now, y’all have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment