Thursday, January 10, 2013

Check-in Day!


Hello all!!! Well it is official I have moved into my new apartment and am part of the Disney College Program! It is two days after check-in and it was definitely interesting! So let me get into what we did…
            My suitemate Katie got to Vista Way at 3.50 in the morning and was I believe the 6th group to be there, which is crazy! My roommates and I all got there from around 5-6 a.m. and we all hung out in line. Unfortunately, one of the girls who was supposed to room with us backed out at the last minute; so we had 5 girls instead of 6.
            They said that check-in would start at 9 a.m. but they let us into Vista Way at 7, and we probably began check-in at 7.20 or so. Our first station was double checking that all of our contact information was correct, once we finished that we got our program guides that had stickers telling us when our housing meeting would be. My roommates and I will be going to our meeting tomorrow at 1 p.m.! Then we were led to a new station. They had two areas: one for last names A-L, and the other for last names M-Z. This is where you find out where your location will be! And I found out that my location will be in…. wait for it….




FANTASYLAND!!!!!!!!
I jumped up and down and was so excited! This was my dream to work in Magic Kingdom as a Disney Cast Member! My dream is finally coming true! :D
Anyways, after that excitement you arrive at a table where they tell you and about 5 other people what the basic housing rules are and what the major things that can get you kicked out of the program are, i.e. drinking under age. Then you go to the housing station! We were hoping for a Chatham 3 bedroom, and that is the main reason why we were there so early. Thankfully, they had some left! So we got a 3 bed at Chatham! Woot woot!!!! Then you get your key, sign forms saying you understand how much you’re paying for the apartment every week and that you will not drink, and at the end of that station you fill out all the forms for a car if you brought one. I didn’t bring one so I didn’t need to go to that station. Then you get your housing ID photo taken, and I believe it is also used for your main gate pass. They go over the Disney Look and make sure you are following it before your picture. Once they take your picture you get your ID immediately afterwards and are led outside the building to a table where someone will discuss the Disney look again, specifically for Traditions. Once you let them know you understand you head to the last booth which talks about the education opportunities you can take part in and what not. After that you wait for your assigned bus to casting, Katie and I were lucky enough to get onto the first bus to casting at 8.30!!!
            Once we got to casting, which is an absolutely amazing building by the way, we were directed to several different areas to complete all of our new hire info. This includes: background checks, finishing I9’s, signing more papers, and getting your training schedule. One of the DCP recruiters whom was helping out said that casting can take as little as one to four hours. Thankfully I finished at around an hour. When all was said and done, I was finished with everything for check-in by 9.50 a.m. Which I thought was awesome, so it really does pay off to get their early!
            Now the fun part of the day… my mom picked me back up at Vista Way and we drove over to Chatham. I had to stop by the clubhouse because the check-in station did not have our key yet since our room just became available, this should have been a huge clue. I walked into our apartment and it was extremely dirty. It smelt disgusting, the bathrooms were filthy, the dishwasher in the kitchen stilled had dishes in it and the fridge was gross. In other words, not what I was expecting; neither was my mom. We just assumed that we would have to clean the apartment ourselves, so we went to Walmart and bought all of my groceries and some cleaning supplies. When we came back some of my roommates were there and said that we were given the wrong apartment because this one hadn’t been cleaned yet. This led to us: changing apartments, them not having anymore 3 bedrooms available and then suggesting we take a 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom apartments, or move to a new complex, and finally just send a cleaning crew to the original apartment immediately.  Once we came to that decision I left the apartment for a few hours and when I came back it was clean and no longer stank! Yay!!!
            By the end of the day I was unpacked and in my new apartment with my lovely roommates! We had some people come over and played apples to apples! So overall, it was a great, long, and stressful day! If any of y’all have any questions about check-in please let me know J

No comments:

Post a Comment